Thursday, July 10, 2008

Never leave your almost three year old alone with your computer!


Today while Becky was taking a....(uh, was indisposed) :) Just kidding! Really, though, Chase, we discovered today has graduated from the cute playful banter typical of most three year olds to Mr. Destruct - a - boy.

Out of the corner of my eye, as I opened the door coming in from work, I saw a bright burst of light accompanied by a sonic boom stream past leading down the hallway into Chase's room. "Hey buddy!" I yelled, knowing it was Chase who just buzzed past. I proceeded to walk straight ahead into the office and lay my book bag down as is my custom. As I was coming out, I turned right to go into the living room where to my horrid shock I found my computer laying in a million pieces on the floor. Apparently, Chase wanted to see how gravity, forceful kenetic energy and linear momentum compliment each other. About an hour later we held a private, yet respectable funeral service. Just kidding, I just felt like writing a short story.

Really this is a friend's computer whom I just had a falling out with. Still just kidding (sorry, I'm on a roll here and I couldn't stop myself). What really happened (no joking) is that a friend of ours recently moved back to the states and this is their old computer, which they didn't want anymore. So having given it to me I decided to open it up and retrieve the hard drive. As you can see I possess the skill of an electronics engineer and the finesse of fine artistry. Actually, there was one screw in the middle of the computer that was stripped and so I had to resort to sheer "man strength" to pry the computer apart and of course Chase loved being my little helper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay you had Jimmy and I going for a while. We were rolling. You're so crazy! How does Becky handle you and Chase. She's a good woman!

auDi tHis woRld said...

I know you are missing K&H&oys terribly!!