Friday, March 18, 2011

Classroom





This is our 9th week of home school.  I thought I would post some pictures from our classroom.  Chase is working on his journal in the first two pictures.  As you can see, the room is really not that big and it's actually supposed to be a bedroom.  It's more like a closet, not a bedroom, but it's perfect for our classroom.  Every morning before we start school Chase has to tell me the classroom rules.  He can recite them, but he sure does have a hard time remembering them throughout the day :-)  After he tells me the rules then we pray and start our work.  This week is the first week that he received a star every day for good behavior.  I have seen a dramatic improvement in his reading and writing over the past few weeks. Last week he asked me to read "Green Eggs and Ham"to him.  We sat down to read and he asked if he could read it.  He read the whole book by himself (with a little help from me occasionally) without complaining and without me asking him to read!  That was a major accomplishment.  


1 comment:

Kristy said...

I'll bet you're a great teacher! I think those rules sound perfect, I may have to try them out on my high schoolers :)